So, it's my hundredth post. I think that's like supposed to be a milestone or something, but I really just noticed it and it kinda fell on a perfect day.
Because I'm at a crossroads.
I'm not sure what to do with this blog right now.
I'm sick all day and every single thing I'm feeling or thinking about has to do with how shitty I feel that day, which in turn has to do with my pregnancy.
My pregnancy on this blog about infertility.
On one hand, I want to believe that everyone out there in IF land is super dooper happy for my and rushes to my blog to read about how everything is going swimmingly.
On the other hand, I know how frustrating a road IF and recurrent loss is and how hearing somebody complain about their morning sickness and constipation makes you roll your eyes and wish you could reach through the computer and bitch slap them because you would DIE to have those problems.
So I guess I'm asking for your advice. My blog only began this March, even though my struggle to conceive and keep a pregnancy began a long time ago. What have others in the community done with their conversion to pregnancy?
Should I end this blog because my struggle is seemingly over? Or should I hang on and just try to be sensitive to my lovely IF friends?
I think it's inevitable that when an IF blogger gets a healthy pregnancy that leads to a live birth and healthy baby, your readership changes. You gain some, you lose some. People tend to congregate around the things they have in common - whether it's male factor, adoption, PCOS, or parenting after infertility. I have maybe a third or less the number of readers now as I had when I started blogging about IF/TTC, but I keep blogging because I enjoy it, and I like keeping up with the people I bonded with during the shared journey. I just shifted focus to a "parenting after infertility" blog mindset instead of the primary infertility/treatments focus.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm sorry you've been feeling so shitty - hang in there!
I love reading your blog and get hope from everyone who gets there in the end! If I ever have one of those days when I am not up to hearing about pregnancy stuff I won't check in that day.
ReplyDeleteDo what you feel - if you want to keep blogging FOR YOU then that's just a bonus for the rest of us : )
I think most people re-name their blog and note that they are changing focus, so people can stick around if desired but understand things have changed.
ReplyDeleteI sure hope you continue blogging! I kind of had the same crossroads when I got knocked up. I changed the title of my blog from Young But Infertile? to PCOS Success! just so I wouldn't give readers the wrong impression on what they were getting into. If you enjoy blogging, and we enjoy reading, I say stick with it!
ReplyDeleteI say keep going, your story can give those of us still in treatment some hope!
ReplyDeleteI have several blogs that I read about infertility that they are now pregnant and if I am having a bad day I just avoid those ones.
Every blog tansitions at some point- I think it's up to you what you decide to do. Some women branch their blog into a seperate one (parenting after IF, parenting after adoption, pregnancy after loss/IF, adoption after IF/loss, etc...) or they just transition their preexisting blog. Then there are some people who shut their blogs down. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here, it is your blog and your thoughts. I don't think you should feel the need to censor yourself, that's for sure- because this is your space. If we can't handle it, we can stop reading you know?
ReplyDeleteIf you keep blogging, I hope to keep following you. If not, I wish you the best. But no matter what, I wish you a decision you are comfortable with.
I would suggest you change the name..just so people don't get on here and think.."what?? This bitch is pregnant?? WTF??" You are a gifted, excellent writer and I hope you continue writing.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to chime in to say that I love reading your blog because of HOW you write about the things you do...I love your humour & blunt honesty...so I'd follow you no matter what you were blogging about.
ReplyDelete