Monday, April 16, 2012

Love

The first time I got pregnant, I was convinced I was having a girl.  You see, I've wanted to be a mom since I was 12 years old.  And anytime I thought of my children, they were girls.  I just couldn't imagine my life without a daughter in it.  When we found out Bugs was a boy, I was still just as excited because I knew more children would follow.  (I obviously just didn't know how long it would take!)  I'm a pretty intuitive person and when I was pregnant with L, I just knew my daughter was coming.  When they said HE was a boy, I was still happy, but slightly confused.  My intuition didn't seem to be working out and since I had so much trouble conceiving him, I had no idea if I'd have any more children.

Today I went for the ultrasound and this entire pregnancy, I've been convincing myself that I am having a boy because, well, I still wanted a girl, but I needed to put my mind at ease that NOT having a daughter might be in my future and that either way, I am still blessed and beyond ecstatic to be having another boy.  And 3 boys would love their mom so fiercely and protectively.

And then the ultrasound lady said, "It's a girl."  And I almost died of happiness.  I have a daughter. 

13 comments:

  1. tears....tears. So excited for you to get your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a body full of chills after reading that last sentence. Your girl is finally here!!!!!! Let the shopping begin. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel exactly the same as Amanda. That last sentence gave me goosebumps. I am truly just beyond excited for you. You are going to be the mom of a little girl...ahhhh!!!! Is it too much to ask that she have your amazing hair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! A mix of boys and girls - perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have I mentioned how excited I am that you're having a little girl? ;-) Yahoooooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just think how lucky your daughter will be to have all those big brothers! :) I am sososososos glad its a girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn it your post and all the FET hormones are making my eyes leak. Lots of leaks.

    Congrats, BU... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, congrats on finding out she's a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, yay!! And with two older brothers, too - that's PERFECT!!! I always wanted one more older brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHH! How amazing! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so flippin' awesome! Now get out there and shop for girly stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! Congratulations! I felt the same way on the second baby - sure that it was going to be another boy... but then it was a girl. :) Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

You complete me.