Friday, June 25, 2010

It All Depends on my Ovaries

So this weekend is one of my best friend's wedding. She lives in a different state than me but is having her wedding here because her family is here. So I've been trying to spend a ridiculous amount of time with her because I love her face and I only get to see it once or twice a year. Her wedding is taking place at a resort location about an hour from my house Saturday night so Hubs and I decided to book a room at the resort so that we can drink ridiculous amounts of alcohol and have hotel room sex.

But before we could make the decision about staying overnight, we had to get the old ovaries checked out. Remember how I said it felt like I had some bowling balls moving around in there, well I sure found out why.

I have 18 follicles.

18.

Yes, you read that right. 18 frickin follicles.

Unfortunately, only 1 is good sized at 17 mm, and the next closest is only at 10 mm, but the other 16(!) are pretty small and totally why I feel like my insides are going to explode. So they told me to trigger Sunday night and we will go in for the IUI Tuesday morning.

I'm slightly concerned about the plan because Tuesday will be day 17 and I don't normally ovulate that late. They said to continue with OPK's this weekend and if I get a positive before the trigger to call them.

So we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy. I hope all goes well for you! No wonder you've been so uncomfortable!

    Maybe I'll see you there on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18!!! Holy Moly! That good sized follicle will be 21mm on Sunday and will be perfect to trigger. Goodest luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

You complete me.