Saturday, June 26, 2010

Well Hello Smiley Face

Well, I was right. Today I woke up to this:

(For my non fertility challenged friends, this is a positive OPK which means that I am ovulating on my own within the next 36 hours which screws the pooch on the whole timing for my IUI.)

So the whole IUI plan has been thrown for a loop. They said we can come in tomorrow for it but since my only large follicle yesterday was only at 17 mm, I am not feeling confident about the whole thing.

So we canceled it.

I feel ok about it. I feel like maybe my old pal Mother Nature is trying to give me a little hint, like "Hey idiot, I'm the one in charge here so back the fuck off." So I'm listening to her, not doing the trigger shot and just doing "timed intercourse" this weekend.

P.S. Don't you hate the term "timed intercourse?" It's so.... so.... I don't know, clinical or something.

4 comments:

  1. I sure do hate the term 'timed intercourse.' Nothing more romantic than having sex when a doctor says you have to, right? Talk about adding some spice!! (Or not...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry your IUI was cancelled. I totally agree- timed intercourse sounds awful! Good luck with it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuck - that wasn't supposed to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer...as bad as "timed intercourse" sounds, I hope it's successful!

    ReplyDelete

You complete me.