Thursday, September 16, 2010

Don't Hate Me Because I Started Christmas Shopping

Thanks to everyone for your advice on my last post.  I have decided to keep on truckin' and when I am past the 1st trimester, I will change the name of my blog and most likely, the focus.  I WILL, however, keep saying FUCK a whole lot and probably making fun of random people. 


Next... Bugs's birthday is in December which is a wonderful time to be 9 months pregnant, but a horrible time after about age 3 because that is a lot of gift giving in one month what with the birthday and the Christmas.  So, last year I started shopping in September.  Every paycheck, I would go to the toy store, pick up 1 or 2 gifts and then store them in my closet.

I decided to go ahead with that plan this year because it eliminated the stress of coming up with a ton of extra money all at once in December.  Ok, that's not true at all because I didn't get anyone else a gift except Bugs so I still had to shop for all those assholes.  BUT, I did have Bugs done before his birthday and that was nice because, although I do love giving gifts, I think the whole "buy everyone and their dog a present" for Christmas is kind-of bull shit.  I know people are going to get me stuff, so I feel obligated to get them stuff. 

But I digress.  With today's paycheck, I bought Bugs a Pillow Pet.  Have you seen them?  "It's a pillow.... it's a pet.... It's a PILLOW PET!!"   He has wanted one for like a year but I'm kinda lazy at the Internet ordering plus I hate paying shipping because I'm a cheap ass.  Well now Walgreen's carries them.  Woot woot!  So I stopped and bought the dog one and my god it is so. DAMN. cute!

I might not make it 'til Christmas before I give it to him.  I might not make it past today.

3 comments:

  1. ooh, which one did you get??? I love those things, I Want one for christmas!!!!

    and that's a great idea, to start now....maybe, just maybe I'll do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I have never seen one of those but it sounds weird!

    I think starting to shop now makes sense depending on your situation- like yours, makes total sense. My parents never thought that out very well for us, because my brother's birthday was two days after Christmas and he was always getting shorted on gifts (or being told he;'d have to wait a month until they had the money... rather than save and get the presents before the holidays... yeah, not well thought out at all!)

    I generally only buy presents for our parents, and the nieces and nephews anymore... going to have to start soon too, because there's over nine nieces and nephews to buy for now. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got my Birdie one too. She loves my niece's dog one but I got her the panda. It is hidden in the closet..still in the plastic..I'm being good..I won't get it out sooner than December..I won't, I won't, I won't!

    ReplyDelete

You complete me.