Have you dudes heard of this 50 Sha.des of Gr.ey book? I kept hearing about it EVERYWHERE. On the news, talk shows, entertainment shows. I even heard they were making a movie about it and I am a sucker for reading the book and seeing the movie.
Surprisingly I had heard of it in so many places but didn't really know what it was about. All I knew was that it's all the sudden a best seller and apparently has some graphic sex scenes. And SOLD! (Also a sucker for graphic sex scenes.)
So I went ahead and spent the ten bucks and downloaded it and I can honestly say it was the WORST BOOK I've ever read in 3 days because I couldn't put it down. Contradiction much? Seriously I read it in 3 days and the whole time I was rolling my eyes and trying not to gag at its cheesiness. It was bad. And the sex scenes didn't even turn me on.
So why did I keep reading it? I'm not sure. Maybe I was bored. Maybe I was intrigued? It's about dominants and submissives, which I'm not into at all but it kept me interested enough apparently.
Anyway just wondering if anyone else suffered through it as well? It's a trilogy and I have not downloaded the 2nd book. Although I have thought about it exactly three times today.
You crack me up and I freaking love you! That's all. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm totally planning on buying this. :) I've heard it's not written the best, but that it works. Worth a shot in my book!
ReplyDeleteMy sister told me it was horrible unless you're really into rape fantasies or strong submissive activities. This may shock you but neither holds an ounce of interest to me. I'm skipping it.
ReplyDeleteEh, what? Sounds like a big turd. Yeah, I said it.
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha, Kelly, you're so talented with words.
DeleteEh. I read them all because I had nothing better lined up on the Kindle. Worst writing ever. But I guess if you keep going, it does have more to it later? I'm not promising anything good.. but they are hard to put down for whatever reason.
ReplyDelete