Friday, June 1, 2012
Classy and Fabulous
My pal E, over at Many Many Moons has been through some shit. I mean this girl has done everything humanly possible to become a mother. And nobody deserves it more. She is warm, caring, classy, fabulous and of course, hilarious. Let's face it, this bitch wouldn't be my friend if she didn't make me snort laugh from time to time. (Hey I never said I was classy.)
Anyway, recently a very amazing, wonderful and obviously very smart young lady gave birth to a sweet baby girl and decided that E should be her mommy. I mean really, how could you meet her and NOT want to give your baby to her. If she lived closer to me, I'd be dropping my kids off at her house all the time.
The point is that E is finally a mommy. That means she gets to spend her days and nights awake, getting pooped and peed on, spending exorbitant amounts of money, and probably crying a little herself. It also means she gets to love, cuddle, adore and spoil her sweet baby girl. I'm sure there will be many kitchen shows they do together in the privacy of their home. Am.elia will know how to decorate a gift exquisitely, and I doubt she'll have ever slept on sheets less than a 400 thread count.
Most importantly, this baby girl is going to be so loved. She couldn't have found a better mommy and daddy and I just want to congratulate my good friend on the long awaited birth of her precious daughter.
In celebration of this monumental occasion, I am sending Am.elia a very classy and fabulous gift. Books. You can't be a classy, fabulous girl if you can't read. And you certainly can't start out with 50 Shades right out of the gate (gate=vagina.) So, she will be receiving a couple of my favorites: The Paper Bag Princess which teaches little ladies that even if a man is an actual prince, it doesn't really matter if he's also a douche bag. Very important lesson that I had to learn the hard way in my 20's. Also, Lily's Purple Plastic Purse because it's all about how fabulous Lily feels when she has a shiny new purse. There's also a surprise book coming too but she'll have to wait and see on that one.
Congrats again. I love her already and I've only seen her picture. (So far.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Awh -great idea to send books!
ReplyDelete