We went to dinner and it was lovely. We shared a pitcher of beer and talked about whatever and ate yummy food. Hubs wasn't that hungry so we just got one entree and shared it. So after eating only half a meal, it left ample room for dessert. That's right, dessert.
There's a bakery in my city that's kindof a big deal but I have never been to it. So we went. I walked in and knew I was in trouble. I am really not kidding when I say I was looking through the glass for 10 (ten!) minutes trying to decide what I would get. Finally I decided that it was pretty much impossible to only order one thing.
So I picked three things: a lemon bar, a napolean, and a kiwi-strawberry tarte.

Hubs couldn't resist and was probably hungry again by the time I made my decision, so he also ordered the bread pudding. I got the treats to go so it looked like I wasn't going to eat them in one sitting. The good news is that I didn't like the lemon bar so I didn't eat it. The other treats, however, were devoured quickly. (To be fair to my fat cells, I should tell you that my mom and son had some bites too.)
Maybe I should rethink my theory about how the fertility drugs are making me fat?
I adore dessert. TOTALLY the best part of going out to dinner. Unless there is shrimp involved.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you enjoyed your treats - both husbandly and foodily!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely not the drugs making me fat. It;s the blueberry coconut lemon cupcakes, the banana mud cake with lashing of vanilla icing and the Pods. Food naughtiness.
:)