Guess what dudes? I am kind of becoming a grown up. Shocking I know! This weekend I was in a little funk because the hubster was working all hours of day and night. He came home and I was annoyed with him and really mostly just tired and missing him. But instead of getting all 12 year old on his ass and whining and bitching and guilt tripping him, I just stayed in my room and watched a gazillion episodes of Say Yes to the Dress. Side note, OMG how can people spend 30 thousand dollars on a wedding gown??? Additional side note, I have started asking the hubs if we can renew our wedding vows because I want to buy a wedding gown.
Then yesterday he took like 3 naps because he was tired so again I was on my own. But I stayed true to my mature self and just let him do his thing. Then this morning he was all why do you hate me and why aren't we connecting? And I was like dude, I think we need to go on a date and get in touch with each other again. He agreed and we made date plans for tomorrow.
So here's a recap...
1- Hubs pissed me off.
2- I realized I was being pissy.
3- I kept to myself and got over it.
4- I proposed a solution.
5- I feel better.
6- I have a date tomorrow.
7- I am clearly awesome.
8- Anyone want to go to New York and try on wedding gowns with me?
Next, it's my birthday this weekend and I'm going to be the big 3-3. That's just 2 years away from advanced maternal age. So I'm doing what any old mom would do... treating myself to a spa day and a psychic reading of course.
Oof...I'm TRYING to be all mature, I really am. It's so much easier to fall into the routine of pissyness though. It really is more fun to be happy with each other though. Thanks for the reminder. ;)
ReplyDeleteKleinfelds and BlogHer 2012 FTW!!!
ReplyDeleteDr Boy and I got in a fight last night. I did not propose a solution. I am clearly NOT awesome.
You're like so grown up and shit. Um and YES! I want to go to NY to try on dresses with you. It's a date.
ReplyDeleteNY 2012, remember!!? Let's all go and pretend you are getting married (for the first time) and get on the show :)
ReplyDeleteLove you, that is all.