Monday, November 28, 2011

Return

Holy geez dudes, I feel like I've been away forever!!  I'm glad to be back online and catching up with you guys.  Woo hoo!!

So here's some retro fucked up IF nonsense that has snuck up on me... My brother-in-law is a serial monogamist.  He has long term girlfriends that usually last a year or two, just long enough for us to think they are serious, and then they break up.  He's been dating current girlfriend for about 5 months now and from the first time I met her, I could tell they were more serious about each other than any other gf I've seen him with.  Turns out they were talking marriage clear back in month 2.  Fast forward to Thanksgiving weekend when they announce their accidental pregnancy.  She's 9 weeks and they are planning on getting married after the baby comes.  Honestly, I am really happy for him.  I'm glad he's found a woman he wants to be with, but I am more than a little shocked that it came this quickly and with this particular girl.  She has a 15 month old already so their kids will be 22 months apart.  They both have good careers and will be great parents, but something about the announcement still felt like a punch to the gut. 

It made me feel defective again.

I've been with my husband for nearly 12 years and every pregnancy we've accomplished has been work and 3 times, they have been utter heartache.  So even though this pregnancy will end in happiness, it still felt overwhelming and sad to me.  Just for me.  If that makes sense.

Anyway, on to happier things... L is so close to crawling!!  He scoots around in an army crawl already and is getting up on his knees and rocking back and forth.  He still hasn't cut a tooth but I can tell it's going to happen any day.  He chews on everything and gets super feisty as he shoves my finger in his mouth and chomps down on it.  He keeps getting random fevers and he is the cutest little drool monster ever.  Bugs is doing great and is starting a basketball league this week.  It's the first time we've tried basketball, so it should be fun!  We set up our Christmas decorations tonight (sans the tree... we are going to get a live one this year and want to wait another week or so.)  All in all, the holidays are starting out great for us.  I can already tell that I'm going to have to start eating more salads soon or plan on gaining back all the weight I lost.

Peace and ba-lessings!

3 comments:

  1. He's going to be a crawling machine!!!! Hope you have all your shit baby-proofed. Jack started showing signs of teething at 4 months.....and still no teeth. My kid is defective and will not only need a toupee, but also dentures it seems.
    Do you remember that infomercial that was like spray can guys would spray on their head to have a "full head of hair". I totes want to find one for Jack. That would be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite that unfairness, I'm glad the holidays are starting out well. I love Christmas decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...those accidental pregnancies just kill me.

    ReplyDelete

You complete me.