Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's a Smart Girl Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

I was having dinner with my college girlfriends the other night. Now these are some of the smartest ladies I know. For real sauce. They are all wildly successful, great careers, awesome families, and sexy as can be. And somehow these ladies think I'm smart too. Maybe not all the other stuff but smart fer shizzle. (Which makes you wonder when I say things like "fer shizzle.")
Now I think I have plenty to learn in life, but am also pretty proud of my smarty pantsness. My husband is proud of his too. But we are not the same kind of smart. I know where apostrophes go an can ace a test on any day of the week. He can open and run businesses. So we have this ongoing yet silent war on who is the smartest. Obvs it's me.
I asked my genius girlfriends if they have the same debate with their dumb husbands and guess what! They do. In fact we swapped stories of their dumbness. Is this wrong? Probably. Entertaining? Of course.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha. The universal competition of the ongoing silent war. Love it. Sounds like good friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

You complete me.