I've been out of town for 3 weekends in a row now, the first 2 without Logan and this last weekend, with him, but still travelling by car and sleeping in a hotel. So, his sleep schedule that I worked so hard on (for 2 weeks) is now a flaming pile of horse shit. We really screwed the pooch on this one. Before I left the first weekend, I had him in bed by 8:30 pm and he would typically sleep until 6 am or sometimes even later. The key here is that he was NOT waking up and wanting to eat every 3 god damn hours anymore. Which, in turn, meant that I was sleeping more hours and less likely to breathe fire or smash anyone's testicles with my bare hands.
But anyway, while staying in the hotel I reverted back to the old 'let him sleep next to me and nurse through the entire night' system so that the other people in the room could sleep. Man I'm a fucking sweetheart. So now that's what he wants to do every night, i.e. wake up every 3 hours to eat. So now we're back to sleep training 101 and loads of crying it out. (And testicle smashing.)
Although it sucks to start at square 1 again, I have to admit that I look forward to the "bedtime routine" every night. I change his diaper and put him in his jammy jams and then read him a story. Then, while I'm nursing him, I sing to him. I'm no song bird or anything but it doesn't stop Logan from liking it. Every time I break out "You Are My Sunshine" he gets the biggest smile on his face and sometimes laughs a little. So he either loves that song or agrees that I suck at singing and just smiles and nods along. Either way, it is fucking adorable and I find it hard not to sing to him every time I nurse him throughout the day.
And now for your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of him in his cliche first Halloween costume.
He is flippin' aDORable. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteAlso, either your knees are really low or he is really tall! I'm going to go with the former. Because it amuses me more to think that you'd have really oddly proportioned legs.
Every time I start our bedtime song I get that big smile too. Makes my heart melt. Cutest little punkin ever!
ReplyDeleteJack also grins when I sing him his bedtime nursing song. I can't sing for shit either, but he loves it. Thus I love him even more for it.
ReplyDeleteUm we're in the same sleeping boat, but I am post-poning the getting back on track until after Louisiana this weekend, when we will be sharing an entire cabin with my family, thus Jack in bed with me to keep him from waking everyone up in the middle of the night. Ah sleep deprivation, I can't wait.
Mac cries when I sing. I wish I was kidding. He also cries when I try to snuggle. So basically I speak to him like he's an adult and give him a reasonable curfew and we're set. Whoever said babies are needy was a fucking liar.
ReplyDeleteOak kills me, for the record. I'm sorry to hear about the sleep training (or lack thereof). I can't even sympathize with you, but I'll send a little positive, sleepy energy your way and hope that lil' man picks up the vibe! Good luck!!!
ReplyDelete